[Mailman-Users] weird problem

Doug Hughes Doug.Hughes at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Mar 24 17:08:38 CET 2000

I have a machine running debian potato at the very latest patch
level (apt upgrade) with mailman 1.1-4. I have python-base 1.5.2-9
(incidentally, I think it's time somebody removed the dependency on
libdb1.85 which no longer exists (now called libdb1-1.85 *sigh*).

I go to admin page.. enter list password. I'm in.

Click on a section, back to password.. back in.

Every single thing I click on, sends me back to re-enter the password.
I also cannot change the password.

I know it's not my browser because i have another machine setup to run
mailman at essentially the same patchlevel that does not have this
problem. I haven't been able to find any significant difference between
the two machines, which is really frustrating. Does anybody have any
advice on tracking this down? There is nothing at all in the
mailman error log file (/var/log/mailman/error) which is owned by user
list.
I have tried reinstalling (after --purge) mailman, but that didn't seem
to help.

Permissions on the list I tried to create are owned by root and
group owned by 'list'. (the files in /var/lib/mailman/lists/<listname>

Could this be a permissions problem? a cookie problem?

I can easily give access to a testlist if somebody would like to look
around.

 Doug Hughes				Engineering Network Services
 doug at eng.auburn.edu			Auburn University