[Mailman-Users] prevent non-members from posting?

Jim Tittsler jwt at dskk.co.jp
Fri Mar 31 06:30:12 CEST 2000

On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 08:25:08PM -0800, Dave Robbins wrote:
> of implementing.  I've searched all the docs but still haven't found
> if it's possible to prevent non-members of a list from posting.

Yes, see the "General posting filters" section of the "privacy" page of
every list's administration pages.  Read the "Details" help carefully for
those two entries because "Restrict posting privilege to list members?" and
"Addresses of members accepted for posting..." interact in a way that may
not be immediately obvious.

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo
Python Starship     http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/