[Mailman-Users] How to decrease high loads

Sarah K. Miller techgrrl at beeze.com
Fri Nov 17 00:58:41 CET 2000

We're running Mailman on a Sun Sparc Station 5, with 256 megs of RAM and a
9.2 Gig hard drive. We've got about 80 lists, with the busiest one producing
approx 30 messages a day. We have a lot of people signing up for lists right
now though, creating a lot of traffic. We are seeing load averages in excess
of 25 when multiple sign-ups are being processed. Is there anyway to
configure mailman to decrease the load average?  And yes, we're working on
getting a better machine, but we have to limp by with what we have for now .
. .

 -- Sarah