[Mailman-Users] Tips for Mailman 2.0 and Postfix

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Tue Nov 28 08:17:12 CET 2000

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 00:50:32 -0500
Scott Russell <scottrus at raleigh.ibm.com> wrote:

> All - Are there any config tips / gotchas that I should be aware
> of when using Mailman 2.0 with postfix? I saw several README.<MTA>
> files but not one for postfix. (I didn't know postfix was that
> unpopular!)

I recently moved one of my Mailman systems from Exim to Postfix.
There really is precious little to note under postfix that special
to Mailman.  While there's been some discussion here for how to
implement things like Exim's rather nice no-alias-file handling of
Mailman lists, and a working solution for it too, its still a bit
ugly really.  Just build a Mailman-specific alias file, and then
make sure to point both alias_maps and alias_database at it.  The
rest, as they say, pretty well happens for free.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                        : http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/