[Mailman-Users] Help needed - sendmail/mailman problem

Remco van den Berg RvdBerg at dse.nl
Thu Nov 30 23:35:39 CET 2000

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 02:30:20PM -0800, Dan Mick wrote:

> > So what could be wrong here?
>
> As always, cron could be wrong.  You say nothing about it, so
> I assume you didn't read this second paragraph of INSTALL:
>
> IMPORTANT: Pay special attention to the step below where you have to
> set up your crontab entries.  If you do not do this, Mailman will not
> work.

Thanks for your quick response, but I really don't see any relation between
a sendmail error and a cron-job. But OK, here is the cron-job file:

root at jupiter 950> su - mailman
jupiter:~$ crontab -l
# At 5PM every day, mail reminders to admins as to pending requests
0 17 * * * /usr/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/checkdbs
#
# Noon, mail digests for lists that do periodic as well as threshhold delivery.
0 12 * * * /usr/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/senddigests
#
# 5 AM on the first of each month, mail out password reminders.
0 5 1 * * /usr/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/mailpasswds
#
# Every 5 mins, try to gate news to mail.  You can comment this one out
# if you don't want to allow gating, or don't have any going on right now,
# or want to exclusively use a callback strategy instead of polling.
0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /usr/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/gate_news
#
# At 3:27am every night, regenerate the gzip'd archive file.  Only
# turn this on if the internal archiver is used and
# GZIP_ARCHIVE_TXT_FILES is false in mm_cfg.py
27 3 * * * /usr/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip
#
# Retry failed deliveries once per minute.
* * * * * /usr/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/qrunner

Hope you can find my problem....

Thanks,

-Remco