[Mailman-Users] How to trace a lockup?

David Gilbert dgilbert at velocet.ca
Mon Sep 4 02:58:54 CEST 2000

I'm experiencing a lockup condition on FreeBSD-3.4 with mailman.  It's
taking an inordinate amount of time (almost indefinately) stuck in the
poll state.

The qrunner process seems to stick in the "poll" state (as reported by
top) indefinately.  lsof shows a socket open to the mailer (postfix or
sendmail both tried in this case) and it also shows 0 bytes in the
transmit and recieve counts.

How do I debug this?  Has anyone looked into locked up qrunner
processes?

I've tried to switch to calling sendmail from the command line, but
this piece of code seems broken.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Velocet Communications.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dgilbert at velocet.net             |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.velocet.net/~dgilbert             |   are precisely opposite.  |