[Mailman-Users] listinfo not finding lists with mixed case hostnames

Ted Frohling tsf at opus.Telcom.Arizona.EDU
Fri Sep 8 20:06:09 CEST 2000

In 1.1 and now 2.0b5 we noticed that public lists were not showing up
with
listinfo.  We tracked this down to a string.find that was confused by
mixed
case host names.  So here's the diff

mailman-2.0beta2/Mailman/Cgi/

$ rcsdiff -c -r1.1 listinfo.py
        if mlist.advertised:
            if mm_cfg.VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW and \
                      http_host and \
!                     string.find(http_host, mlist.web_page_url) == -1
and \
!                     string.find(mlist.web_page_url, http_host) == -1:
                # List is for different identity of this host - skip it.

                continue
            else:
--- 88,95 ----
        if mlist.advertised:
            if mm_cfg.VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW and \
                      http_host and \
!                     string.find(string.lower(http_host),
string.lower(mlist.web_page_url)) == -1 and \
!                     string.find(string.lower(mlist.web_page_url),
string.lower(http_host)) == -1:

--
    Ted Frohling (TF30-ARIN)                   The University of Arizona
    520.621.4834                                           CCIT Room 307