[Mailman-Users] Migrating to different architechture

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Mon Dec 17 16:39:12 CET 2001

On 17 December 2001, Osmo Kujala said:
> We are going to transfer ~300 Mailman lists from Linux/Intel
> to Linux/Alpha. I guess bata base files are 32/64bit sensitive?

Mailman's config.db files are in Python's "marshal" format, which is
platform-neutral but could theoretically change across Python versions.
(I did a quick test a few weeks ago, and the same config.db worked with
Python 1.5.2, 2.0, 2.1, and the not-yet-released 2.2 -- so I wouldn't
worry about it.)

> What would be the easiest way to do the transfer?
> (Our current version is version 2.0beta5)

Choose your poison: tar, cpio cp, rsync, scp, ...  whatever works for
you.

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org