[Mailman-Users] problem trying to delete a mailing list in Cpanel, please help!

Antonio M / PoPeR poper at fedro.ugr.es
Mon Dec 17 17:19:29 CET 2001

Hi all,
My host provider preinstalled Mailman with CPanel/WHM server controller, I'm a newbie so I did this mistake: I have tried to create a mailing list, so I have used 'pop-page' as the list name. I have noticed since I did that I can't receive any e-mail sent to pop-page at pop-page.net, which is the main pop account of my site. I think the cause of this is that pop-page at pop-page.net is now being used by the mailing list. So I've tried to delete the list, but I can't. I get this message:
-------
List Deleted
The list pop-page at pop-page.net was successfully deleted.
Remove the components of a mailing list with impunity - beware!

This removes (almost) all traces of a mailing list.  By default, the lists
archives are not removed, which is very handy for retiring old lists.

Usage:
    rmlist [-a] [-h] listname

Where:
    --archives
    -a
        remove the lists archives too

    --help
    -h
        print this help message and exit

List does not exist: "poppage_pop-page.net"
--------

Although in the line it says 'the list was successfully deleted' when I go back to the mailing list maintenance, the list is still there. I think it can't be deleted because it's my main pop account, but, at the same time, I can't use this account because it's used by the mailing list!, so could you help me, please? I want to delete the mailing list in order to use the pop account.
Thanks in advance

Kind regards,

Antonio J. Martinez