[Mailman-Users] Optimisation

Enriko Groen enriko.groen at netivity.nl
Thu Jul 26 16:34:36 CEST 2001

Hi!

I have a FreeBSD 4.2 based mailsystem with Postfix as MTA.
As mentioned earlier today I abuse Mailman 2.0.5 as a "bulkmailer" (bulk is
pretty relative with 6000 addresses).

Before my company use an NT server with Exchange to do the job (lack of Unix
knowledge). I noticed a dramatic increase of peformance which is due to
optimising of addresses.

The system sorts the same domains together and delivers these messages in
several larger batches (the same messages with several recipients).

Now I am wondering is this optimising done by Mailman or is it the MTA
(postfix) that does this job?

--
Enriko Groen, Hosting manager
netivity bv   www.netivity.nl   enriko.groen at netivity.nl
038 - 850 1000   van nagellstraat 4      8011 eb  zwolle