[Mailman-Users] Relaying Denied Messages with Mailman and Sendmail

Ricardo F. Kustner ricardo at rixhq.nu
Sun Jul 29 23:22:51 CEST 2001

Hi,

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:07:42 -0500 (CDT)
Ken Scott <admin at shellworld.net> wrote:
> user now who wants a list for subscribers from other than the local
> system, and have discovered that we're having a problem with relaying
> denied messages from sendmail on mailman's outgoing mail.  I'm the first
> to admit that I don't know as much about sendmail as I should,

well I don't think many people know everything about sendmail... so don't
feel too bad about it ;)

You have to allow relaying of mail to the outside world from the localhost
(which is what mailman is trying to do).

See for more information
http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html#3.27
or
http://www.sendmail.org/tips/relaying.html