[Mailman-Users] Member list in header/footer

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Tue Jun 5 07:24:19 CEST 2001

    SB> Those that sign my paycheck wish to see the list of member
    SB> addresses in the message header.  Can I do this with the
    SB> current mailman?  I've found where to add headers and the list
    SB> of variables to insert certain things but the member list
    SB> wasn't one of them.  If this can not be done with a stock
    SB> install where might I look in the source to add such a thing?

    SB> I think this to be just an odd a request as the rest of you
    SB> probably do but you know how management gets!

Indeed, it sounds like an odd request.  Ask them what they'd like to
see for a list with 1000, or <gasp> 10k members. :)

No, stock Mailman doesn't support this, but it could be hacked in
(though I really can't understand why they'd want this).  You'll need
to write some Python.  An approach to take is to write a handler
module for the Handlers subdir that takes the message metadata's
`recips' key, and string join's those together, splatting them into
your header of choice.

If that doesn't make sense, you'll need to spend some time studying
the code first. :)

-Barry