[Mailman-Users] This is unixstuff warning

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Wed Jun 13 17:44:14 CEST 2001

On Wednesday, June 13, 2001, at 07:53 AM, JC Dill wrote:

> I subscribe to the "teach them to fish" method,

I used to. Now I'm in the "parents don't want justice, they want quiet"
mode, and I do what's fastest and easiest for me, which is usually to
just unsubscribe them. I've had one too many battle with the "don't talk
to me about instructions, you do it" school of "you run this, you're my
slave" idiots.

of course, I'm also mothballing a bunch of my stuff and going on
sabbatical because I'm tired and burned out, too -- and the growing
number of people who won't follow instructions (as opposed to can't) is
one of the reason... So these people will simply whine and complain at
me for having the audacity of taking their toys away instead....

(if people care, details on my personal site... I won't bore you).

I think the "teach them to fish" mode worked in earlier days. Today, too
many people feel everyone else owes them whatever they want.

Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't fallen
asleep yet.