[Mailman-Users] thttpd?

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Fri Jun 29 17:56:03 CEST 2001

    JS> I'll go bother the thttpd people instead, and figure out why
    JS> they don't do things that way.

Okay.

    >> What does thttpd actually set SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INFO to when
    >> given a url like http://mysite.com/mailman/listinfo/mylist?

    JS> It doesn't matter, effectively, as it tries to run
    JS> /mailman/listinfo/somelist, which of course does not exist.
    JS> This is the problem that I've been describing.

The question is related though, because what you describe indicates
that thttp would set SCRIPT_NAME to "/mailman/listinfo/somelist" and
PATH_INFO to "" /if/ it could find the script.

It seems to me that thttp's behavior would require you to have a
listinfo subdirectory that contains a somelist script (IIUC), and that
would make it impossible to support cgi's with both /mailman/listinfo
and /mailman/listinfo/somelist (as Mailman uses to give a site-wide
overview of lists, and specific list information).

Seems pretty disfunctional to me. ;)

-Barry