[Mailman-Users] RE: Nothing happens!

Firas R. alragom at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 22:27:36 CEST 2001

Thanks for the advice, I upgraded to sendmail-8.9.3-20 (I didn't make any of
the other changes) and I found the source of the problem.
It turned out that the relay options must be specified in the
/etc/mail/update_pop.conf file  not the  /etc/mail/access file because this
keeps getting  overwriten whenever /usr/sbin/update_pop  runs

So I've finally managed to get sendmail to allow localhost relaying, i setup
a test list, and it sends me the new mailing list email :-)
But unfortunately i've got a new problem .....

If I try to access http://www.ourserver.com/mailman/admin/test  I get an
"Internal Server Error"
Checking apache's logs I found the following :

error_log:[Sat Jun 30 16:22:25 2001] [error] [client 207.172.11.232]
Premature end of script headers: /home2/mailman/cgi-bin/admin
suexec_log:[2001-06-30 16:22:25]: directory is writable by others:
(/home2/mailman/cgi-bin)

Is this an Apache problem or is it related to the scripts themselves ?