[Mailman-Users] demime.pl with smrsh

Alessio Bragadini alessio at albourne.com
Thu Mar 1 11:25:06 CET 2001

"Christopher P. Lindsey" wrote:

> >    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> > sh: cannot use | in command
> > 554 "|/home/mailman/mail/demime.pl - |/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post
> > shaka"... Service unavailable

> Yes, that's a smrsh limitation.
>
> The only real solution is to create a script that takes input and
> pipes it to wrapper, then make that script runable by smrsh.

True.

That's the script I wrote and use (it's Perl, probably overkill)

[alessio at obi-wan bin]$ cat /usr/local/bin/demime-wrapper
#!/usr/bin/perl

my $cmd = join (' ','| /usr/local/bin/demime - |
/home/mailman/mail/wrapper', at ARGV);
undef @ARGV;
open WRAPPER, $cmd or die "Cannot pipe to wrapper: $!\n";
while (<>) {
  print WRAPPER;
}