[Mailman-Users] Cron jobs

Satya satyap at satya.virtualave.net
Thu Mar 1 20:16:14 CET 2001

On Mar 1, 2001 at 12:11, Robert Brandtjen wrote:

>I just installed Mailman yesterday, as I watch my system log, I see it
>running a cron job every 2minutes or more! is that really necessary? Or is
>there some way to scale that back a lil bit?

Mailman's cron entries would be along with everyone else's in the
appropriate crontab directory, maybe /var/spool/cron. You can scale
that back. What you're seeing is probably the qrunner. That's what
delivers mail generated by mailman (and retries failed deliveries?).

--
Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
US-bound grad students! For pre-apps, see <URL:http://quickapps.cjb.net/>