[Mailman-Users] Moving servers

Orion (Steve Pirk) orion at deathcon.com
Tue Mar 6 02:45:16 CET 2001

I saw a message in the archives about moving a mailman server,
and the instructions were to move all of the list(s), and then
reconfigure the defaults to point to the new webserver.

I will be moving the webserver part also (basically moving everything
to a bigger server), so the piece I seem to be missing is:
Exacly what files need to move for a given list? I have found the
/home/mailman/lists/listname directories, but I was wondering if
any other files need to move also (I do not want to move the mailman
code, because I upgraded to 2.0.2 from 2.0beta5).

Any suggestions? The list I am most concerned about moving has 6
months of archives, and over 100 members. I am very concerned about
breaking something :-)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve
orion at deathcon.com Owner/Admin