[Mailman-Users] best wy to upgrade from Mailman 2.0b6 to 2.02?

Steffen Bardolatzi steffen at wflin3.asta.uni-wuppertal.de
Thu Mar 8 01:42:49 CET 2001

There are some archiv related issues - unfortunatley not archived for
some reasons - with upgrading from V2.0b6 to V2.0x final [last attempt with
2.01].

First of all what´s running:

- Linux 2.2.x
- Python 1.52 (1.6 or 2.0 compiled additionally but did not work with
currently passwords i.e. I was not able to login as mailman-owner nor
listowner - using a make install)
- there are running some inportant liste --> I can´t afford *any* loss of
e-mails and archived messages [for this reason I always make a backup]
- qmail as MTA

I. Upgrading to 2.0 with mailman 2.0.x --> see above, mail delivery seems to
work:
- passwords are not recognized, it is no way to reset them to default
values --> how does it is possible to upgrade to Python 2.0 *without*
leaving *all* passwords?

==> I´ll stick with Mailman 2.0x for I have to keep the current list +
datebases, if there was a password converter there was not problem

==> sticking with Python 1.52 for now --> II

II. Upgrade to mailman 2.0x:

- first make install, then
- passwords still work
- mail delivery is fine
- archives *only* work with *some* already configured lists, e.g.
"testliste" does *not* archive
- newly created lists does not archive *at all* - I couldn´t figure out
wrongly set permissions

So what might be the best way to upgrade to 2.02 final with using the old
datebase and passwords without any loss of data?

Thanks in advance,
		Steffen