[Mailman-Users] monitoring Mailman

Neil Kandalgaonkar neilk at ActiveState.com
Tue Mar 13 03:43:41 CET 2001

We're setting up some monitoring of our mailman installations.

Can anyone recommend some aspects of mailman which are worth monitoring?

The only stuff I can think of right away is:
- number of files in MAILMAN/qfiles
- whether web interfaces are up

I suppose I could create a list and make a script to automatically
post there, to see if the aliases were working.

Any other ideas?

We're using Spong, which uses little test-modules coded in Perl. If
anyone is interested I'm sure I could distribute them once we're

Neil Kandalgaonkar, Web App Developer, ActiveState

x-Shameless-plug: ActiveState Komodo - Mozilla-based, cross-platform IDE.