[Mailman-Users] Qrunner probs. with Sendmail

Ryan K. Brooks ryan at hack.net
Tue Mar 13 21:08:25 CET 2001

Hi All,

    I'm having the (somewhat) classic problem of queue runs hanging up
an entire list when a domain doesn't resolve quickly.  I'm on a FreeBSD
4.2 system, with sendmail 8.11.1.    95% of the time my lists run great,
but when a user's DNS servers go south, I'll have to set him/her to
nomail and pull the messages from the queue.

    I see in the FAQ that one recommendation is to make sure I'm not
trying to resolve my own address when my MTA is making local delivery.
I don't think I'm doing this anyway, and I can always look myself up
just fine, as I run my own nameservers, but I'm not sure if the
configuration issue expressed in the FAQ with Exim is relevant to
sendmail. (see the second Q/A at http://www.list.org/faq.html).

    In any case, I was wondering if any folks had some tips on where to
start with this problem.   Could the cause of this problem contribute to
my somewhat poor message turn around time?

R Brooks