[Mailman-Users] Qrunner probs. with Sendmail

Ryan K. Brooks ryan at hack.net
Tue Mar 13 21:08:25 CET 2001

Hi All,

    I'm having the (somewhat) classic problem of queue runs hanging up
an entire list when a domain doesn't resolve quickly.  I'm on a FreeBSD
4.2 system, with sendmail 8.11.1.    95% of the time my lists run great,
but when a user's DNS servers go south, I'll have to set him/her to
nomail and pull the messages from the queue.

    I see in the FAQ that one recommendation is to make sure I'm not
trying to resolve my own address when my MTA is making local delivery.
I don't think I'm doing this anyway, and I can always look myself up
just fine, as I run my own nameservers, but I'm not sure if the
configuration issue expressed in the FAQ with Exim is relevant to
sendmail. (see the second Q/A at http://www.list.org/faq.html).

    In any case, I was wondering if any folks had some tips on where to
start with this problem.   Could the cause of this problem contribute to
my somewhat poor message turn around time?

Thanks,

R Brooks