[Mailman-Users] "bad" email addresses

Sam Brooks sbrooks at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 18 18:40:41 CET 2001

Hi,

New to the list.  Considering replacing my hacked version of Majordomo with
Mailman.

Question;

How does Mailman handle "bad" email addresses?

e.g.

New compuserve member, 6765490 at compuserve.com.

Decides to use a mail forwarding service and subs to a list
under johndoe at mailforward.com and has email forwarded
to his compuserve address.

Later on, switches to another ISP and "kills" compuserve email address.

List mail starts to bounce.  Compuserve returns the mail as a bounce.
However, no such compuserve address in the subscriber list.

I know that Lyris "tags" individual mail to handle that type of problem.
Does Mailman do the same sort of thing?  Or is there some alternative
way in Mailman to deal with that sort of thing.

TIA

Sam
sbrooks at earthlink.net