[Mailman-Users] Html

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 16:26:01 CET 2001

nancys at silvercarrot.com said:
> We are thinking of using mailman for our list management.  Can you
> send html messages with Mailman?

Mailman will handle HTML and any other type of mail without problem
when sending it out to the list however there are 2 caveats:-

 1. If you use the mail interface to subscribe/unsubscribe/change-option
    etc, then you need to send plain text mail.
    In general this is a very minor problem and can be pretty much
    ignored (most people aren't aware there is a mail command
interface).

 2. The bundled archiver, pipermail, does not handle non-plain-text or
    attachments of any type at all well.  You can get round this by
    using an external archiver such as MHonArc, but that makes the
    setup and maintenance more complex.
    This is likely to be a bigger issue for you.

	Nigel.