[Mailman-Users] Keeping spam off open lists

JC Dill mailman at vo.cnchost.com
Wed Mar 21 20:14:11 CET 2001

Does mailman have a configuration setting such that everyone who is
subscribed to a list can post unmoderated, but email from a non-subscriber
will be sent to a moderator for approval?

If so, can *this* list please be appropriately configured?

If you want to let non-subscribers post without moderation (a practice that
I personally feel has dubious value, since their question might be answered
in a post to the list, perhaps in response to someone else asking the same
question, but they won't see it because they aren't subscribed), how about
adding a simple filter such as if the non-subscriber's post mentions
"mailman", let it through to the list unmoderated, otherwise it goes to the
moderator?

It shouldn't be THAT hard for someone who writes mailing list software to
come up with an easy and simple way to keep spammers off their own
software-users mailing list.

jc

On 10:08 PM 3/20/01, a spammer sent wrote:

 >Hello,
 >
 >Let me just take a minute of your time....
 >
 >24x7 Online Chat Support  must always have been a
<snip>