[Mailman-Users] Is it a Bug ?

Mathew Simon msimon at simdol.com
Wed Mar 28 20:56:15 CEST 2001

Hi,

I am the administrator of a non-profit mailing list. First of all let me
thank you for letting us use a great product. Now let me explain the
problem.

I have a mailing list, with the following settings
1. Posting allowed only for the list members.

2. Temporarily we have put the list under moderation. In this setting, all
messages have to be approved by the list administrator.

a). Under the above settings, I was under the impression that all postings
by non-members would be automatically rejected, and only postings by
list-members would be displayed to the administrator for approval.

b). But recently we received a couple of unsolicited postings from
non-members. These postings by non-members were also LISTED FOR APPROVAL
along with the postings from members. This created some confusion.

c). I verified the mailing list's setting once again and I do not see any
obvious problems.

d). Is the above behavior is a Bug ?

I would appreciate a reply.

Thanks,