[Mailman-Users] Feature request

Richard B. Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Fri Mar 30 16:18:54 CEST 2001

On 29 Mar 2001, at 11:44, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

> "Richard B. Pyne" wrote:
> > With named vrtual domains, mailing lists are always created
> > defaulted to the domain where Mailman was originally installed (the
> > machine's default domain)
>
>     I run named vdomains, to the same IP.  However, I do have a
>     separate
> installation for each vdomain (though they all run under ~mailman as
> mailman.mailman)

There is the difference, I run ONE copy of Mailman for the entire
server. There should be no need to run a separate copy for each
virtual domain.

> > There are also some minor issues on the list of lists for a domain.
> > If the domain is set to foo.com and the user browses to
> > http://www.foo.com/mailman/listinfo they will not see the list but
>
>     That's not mailman's fault, that's your web server's problem.
> Misconfigured.

No, not msconfigured. Mailman looks at the FQDN when deciding what
lists to show, not just the second level domain. Changing this
behaviour COULD cause other undesirable effects though.

--Richard

Richard B. Pyne, KB7RMU
rpyne at kinfolk.org
http://pyne.kinfolk.org/rbp2