[Mailman-Users] Monthly notifications ..? (and quickie)

Ajay atallam at rtworks.com
Sat May 12 06:25:00 CEST 2001

Hi guys,

	I had recently (at the beginning of the month obviously ;) gotten
reports from some of our users that they had received multiple 'mailing list
membership reminders', this apparently was because they were subscribed to
some lists as first.last, and some lists as First.Last.  This was very
shocking/surprising to me, but it's true, even my boss had it happen to me.
I don't know if there's a maybe tolower function or similar in python that
could correct this?

On a possibly related note, I was wondering if any thought has gone into
(defaulting to or allowing) special behaviour for addresses with +'s in
them?  If people are setup with software that filters to mailboxes based on
what's after the '+', it might be useful to send one email to
username at domain (stripping the stuff after '+' assuming there is stuff
preceding it), instead of one to each.  Again, maybe this is something that
could be an option if some complain.

Sorry, I tend to put multiple things into each mail (I know some
people mind, but some people agree it's efficient), the other thing
	I was wondering about is if there are some intranet-style patches for
mailman?  I'm running it on a server accessible only from inside the
network, and I want to make an option where subscribing to mailling lists
doesn't require subscription confirmation.

	Any help/info greatly appreciated, TIA!

	-Ajay

--
Milpitas, ca	atallam at telocity.com	HempVille, Planet Talarian