[Mailman-Users] big lists, big messages

Eric Schmitz eschmitz at webbalah.net
Mon May 14 21:13:42 CEST 2001

Zowie! I seem to have started a major thread here! Thenks everyone for
all the advice. I can't pretend to understand everything, since I'm not
exactly an e-mail god, but I appreciate the suggestions and will try
some.

   I too had considered going to an "abstract format" for the
newsletter, but it looks like that might 1) not solve my problem, and 2)
have troubles of its own. Would definitely mean more work for me, the
webmaster. (My wife actually writes the newsletter.)

   I'll look into the use of other MTAs. I have a question in to my tech
support people about that. I run a virtual server, and I'm not sure what
is available in the way of alternative MTAs. I may be stuck with
sendmail. We'll see.

   All that being said, I do think Mailman is going to be the way to go,
just for its robust feature set and ease of use and configuration. I've
already figured out how to place rotating ads in the headers and
footers, and I appreciate the way it dynamically generates interface
pages for users and list admins to configure their subscriptions and
lists. Very cool!

   Again, thanks everyone for *all* the help! This is a really great
list!

-Eric Schmitz
--
"So long, and thanks for all the fish."