[Mailman-Users] big lists, big messages

Eric Schmitz eschmitz at webbalah.net
Fri May 18 02:04:18 CEST 2001

   Well, you guys are gonna kill me for this, but I seem to have solved
my original problem. You may recall that I have a 10,000 member list
which gets a 30K mailing each week, and many people were reporting
missing issues.

   Um... it had nothing to do with the size of anything at all.

   Somebody managed to drop an address into the list that began with a
colon (:). It seems that a colon is a control or routing character in
majordomo, and that's what was screwing things up. Once I removed that
offending address and sent out a test message, we got many replies
saying the list is now working.

   This has turned out to be entirely off-topic, but I suppose there's a
chance that Mailman would also choke on an address with a colon in it.

   Again, thanks for ALL the suggestions!

-Eric (running for his foxhole!)