[Mailman-Users] help

Idris Ali Idris_ali_2000 at globalelectronicommerce.com
Sun May 13 15:01:20 CEST 2001

Dear friend,

I would really appreciate if you can help me end this frustrating torment in searching the right product.
I really would very much appreciate your help.
Can you kindly see if you can help me?

Do you have a webmailing list where I can simply subscribe addresses all in 1 go and not 1 by 1 or not where the email address owners have to reply to a message from the mailing list as a confirmation to subscription?

I just want to copy addresses from my txt file and paste them into the subscription box so they are automatically subscribed. So, I can send them messages everytime.

I'll tell you what I am looking for and maybe you can see if you have the right software.

I have a company that regularly bulkemails their clients' ads to "Opt-in" lists.
Because they are busy, they would like to give the bulkemailing to freelancers.
I took the work but the software that the company gave me "Speedymailer" is a desktop bulkemailer.
So, that means, I can only use the software to bulkemail to the "Opt-in" lists only from my home computer where "Speedymailer" is installed.
I won't be able to bulkemail when I am away from home.
I would like a remote system but I really don't know how they work.
So, I thought that if I install a webmailserver on my computer then I can use any computer (away from home) to log-in to my webmail account and bulkemail via my webmailserver on my computer but the webmailservers I have been testing for the past 8 days are ridiculous.
I have 500,000 email addresses on a txt file with 500,000 lines. 1 address in each line.
I try to copy and paste all the addresses in the BCC: field but only the 1st address in the 1st line get pasted the rest don't.
So, that means, in order to paste all addresses in the BCC: field.
I have to copy and paste 500,000 times!
Ridiculous!
Example:

I have a text file of address in the following format:

1 at 1.com , 2 at 2.com
3 at 3.com , 4 at 4.com
5 at 5.com , 6 at 6.com
etc.

and when I copy all these names from the text file and paste them on the BCC: field.
Only 1 line is copied.
It shows on the BCC: field like this:

1 at 1.com , 2 at 2.com

when it should be showing all the names like:

1 at 1.com , 2 at 2.com , 3 at 3.com , 4 at 4.com , 5 at 5.com , 6 at 6.com

Do you understand the problem?
It only copies 1 line of the names and not all lines of the names from the txt file.
How can I solve this problem?

The other option, I thought, was to purchase a webmailing list and not a simple desktop mailing list so I can install it on my computer and still be able to use it when I am away from home by using another computer.
But this webmailing list must allow me to subscribe email addresses myself as if I mail a message to the "Opt-in" lists to subscribe again to "my new webmailing list" it will be an inconvenience to them and the main co. may get complains and I'll lose the work.
Do you understand?
So, can you help me somehow?
If not, do you know of any other companies that sell what I am looking for?
A shareware? A freeware?
Anything?

If you cannot help then please give me instructions how to use the non web or non-www bulkemail software "Speedymailer" that is a desktop software installed on my computer.
Or if "Speedymailer" is confusing you then please give me instructions how I can use my home computers' Outlook Express email client by remote system from another computer when I am away from home.

Ali