[Mailman-Users] archives not accessable from web

Mads Rasmussen mads at cit.com.br
Thu May 24 21:03:43 CEST 2001

This probably is influenced by the fact that mailman doesn't create the
archives/public and private files right. It only creates the .mbox dirs in
the private dir and makes the link to a nonexisting dir in the public dir.

But even if I try to make the dir myself I cannot access it from the web

I insert in httpd.conf

Alias /pipermail/ "/home/mailman/archives/public/"

<Directory "/home/mailman/archives">
    Options FollowSymLinks
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Have anyone experienced this aswell?

Regards,

Mads

ps. I am running RH 7.1 w/ kernel 2.4.2 and sendmail 8.11.3 - I installed
mailman-2.0.5 from source