[Mailman-Users] Postfix vs Sendmail

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Tue Oct 2 21:21:02 CEST 2001

Larry, you should be able to drop and insert Postfix right into your server,
then stop sendmail and startup Postfix.
You'll have to do bit of tweaking, but if you read the Postfix notes you
should be alright.

BTW: I'm a sendmail user, but I've been on the fence for about 3 years
following Postfix.  Sendmail gets a bad rap because it came to the
optimization plate late, but you'll find that its catching up.  If you run
IDE drives on your mailservers then don't bother with the change, you won't
see any real improvement.  If you're scsi, then you'll gain some significant
speed on mass mailings.

Just my opinion.  Take care - Jon Carnes