[Mailman-Users] Any way to disable passwords?
Barry A. Warsaw
barry at zope.com
Sun Oct 21 20:56:25 CEST 2001
>>>>> "JG" == Jordan Graham <jordanlgraham at home.com> writes:
JG> 1. Disable passwords, so that by simply replying to an email
JG> from the list with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line,
JG> a user can be removed?
FWIW, Mailman 2.1 will have a much simpler unsubscribe recipe that,
while not disabling passwords, will make them unnecessary for
- via email:
1. Member sends a message to mylist-leave at dom.ain
2. Mailman sends a confirmation message containing a cookie in Subject:
3. Member responds to confirmation, keeping Subject: intact
4. Mailman unsubscribes them
- via web
1. Member visits http://email@example.com
2. Member clicks on Unsubscribe button
3. Go to step 2 above
Note that the confirmation also contains a url, which the user can
click on instead of replying. This puts up a confirmation page with
two buttons: unsubscribe, or cancel the unsubscription request.
More information about the Mailman-Users