[Mailman-Users] Old Question, New Twist

Timothy Brier briert at cepu.ca
Thu Oct 25 16:48:57 CEST 2001

I couldn't agree more.  I was using the RPMs from RedHat with Sendmail.
It was taking about 30 minutes to deliver 500 messages.

I downloaded and  installed Postfix (not the RPM) and watched the time drop
to 1 minute and 45 seconds.

I liked that experience enough to download the tar file for Mailman.  This
allowed me to install a later version.

Question of concern to me is:
The RPM will verify that no dependencies will get broken.  What method can I
use to verify that, as an example, if I install
Python 2, that no dependencies will be broken?

Thanks,

Timothy Brier