[Mailman-Users] missing footer for html mail?

Barry A. Warsaw barry at zope.com
Fri Oct 26 06:01:08 CEST 2001

    GW> I used to think this was a Mailman problem too.  Read the HTML
    GW> email as plain text (so you see all the tags), and I bet
    GW> you'll see the footer.  The problem is that Mailman just tacks
    GW> the footer on after the "</html>" that ends the message;
    GW> presumably your HTML-rendering MUA stops as soon as it sees
    GW> "</html>" so never shows you the footer.

    GW> Solution: don't allow HTML mail!  That solves *so* many
    GW> problems.  Look for demime, stripmime, or similar tools.

(Hi Greg :)

BTW, Mailman 2.1 will be smarter here.  It'll only add headers and
footers to text/plain or multipart/mixed message.  The the former case
it'll just tack on some more plain text.  In the latter case, it'll
add a couple of extra subparts.

Currently, if the message is of any other MIME type, no header or
footer will be added.  We /could/ conceivably wrap things in more
multiparts, but that just seems really ugly.

-Barry