[Mailman-Users] Old Question, New Twist

David Pierron linux at wombatsweb.com
Thu Oct 25 10:41:40 CEST 2001

I am new to Linux, Sendmail, and Mailman (uh-oh)

I have installed:
Mandrake Linux 8.1 running Apache Web Server
sendmail-8.12.1-4mdk & mailman-2.0.6-1mdk

I used http://www.list.org/install-start.html and followed where I could to
get the mailman package configured ...
I looked through the mailman-users archives ... I have the web interface
working ...

My first initial problem was with smrsh but overcame that with a symbolic
link ...

My problem is the age old:
Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 99, GOT gid 12. (Reconfigure to take 12?)
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 2

I issued: find / -name configure - and came up with nothing ... I'm
assuming this is because I didn't compile the program, I simply used a
Mandrake RPM ...

Since I used an RPM to install Mailman, how do I overcome this error using
Sendmail?

---
Thinking of taking the Microsoft to Linux plunge?
Check out LinuxList @ http://linux.wombatsweb.com