[Mailman-Users] Will Mailman do this?

Donaven Staab donaven at scseaside.com
Thu Sep 13 00:43:55 CEST 2001

Thank you for your time with this.

I have just lost a hosting account service that allowed my company to e-mail information updates to a large list of subscribers and I need to replace that service.

I have since started a new hosting account and am looking to install software that could supply the service of emailing securely to a large list from one individual.

The subscribers need to be able to unsubscribe and subscribe from a web page form. I also need to be able to add my current list (2500 addresses) to this system.

What I've been able to read about Mailman does not answer my question and I feel that is it more of a "digest" application. I do still think that with the right settings and interface is could do as an bulk e-mail notification tool. Subscribers do not reply to the list. They reply only to the sender.

Will Mailman do this?

Thank you again for your time and I'd appreciate any input or recommendations.
I'm running Apache on Solaris.

Kindest Regards,
Donaven Staab
Web Master