[Mailman-Users] stripping received headers, redux

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Mon Sep 17 22:48:29 CEST 2001

I mentioned this once before and the general response I got was "it
uses them for loop detection, so it leaves them alone", but for
anonymous lists (especially ones dealing with sensitive subjects)
those received headers can easily give away the identity of the
person sending the message, which is a Bad Thing.

The X-Been-There flag SHOULD be catching loop detection, so I'm not
worried if this "loop detection of last resort" is removed.

This really (IMHO) should be there if we want to be able to consider
anonymous lists anonymous. Right now, they're WORSE than anonymous
because they give the ILLUSION of anonymity. :(