[Mailman-Users] Re: upgrading from 1.1 to 2.0.8

Will Yardley william+mm at hq.newdream.net
Sat Apr 6 12:30:23 CEST 2002

Vik wrote:

> yeah - I did all of this, it worked fine on my test system; I'm just a bit
> worried about the current lists on the production system - will it work
> with lists (and archives) created by mailman 1?

well it *should*.

i installed the debian package of 2.0.8 on a woody machine, and was able
to (with minimal editing / symlinking etc.) to get it to play nice with
files / archives from 1.x, and that was installed from source
originally.

so my guess is that it will work, but definitely backup your old
installation first :>

--
Will Yardley
input: william < @ hq . newdream . net . >