[Mailman-Users] Mailman vs Sympa

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Wed Apr 10 19:21:41 CEST 2002

Sympa looks great.  In features and virtual site support it is half a rev
ahead of Mailman. The only real drawback to Sympa seems to be that some of
the support is only in French.

One nice feature of Sympa is that it uses by default Mhonrc as the archiver.

On the other hand, Mailman is much easier to setup and administer.  If you
are moving from Majordomo, then you'll probably feel right at home using
Sympa.  The setup and administration are similar.  Also both are written in
Perl.
Mailman is written in Python, and is designed to be a web-based application.

On the whole, I'll stay with Mailman.  Not only do I like Python better, but
the web-based admin makes it extremely easy for me to off-load list
management to other folks less technically inclined than myself.

Jon Carnes