[Mailman-Users] Including from field in body

James Blackwell jblackwell at dis.umsmed.edu
Wed Apr 10 19:34:24 CEST 2002

Greetings,

We've got mailman set up here and it's working great.  However, we've
had a request that I am unable to fullfill.  Maybe someone can either
point me in the right direction, or at least tell me that it isn't
possible in mailman.

They want the From address to always be the address of the mailing list
and have the actual From address prepended to the body of the message.
I can partially accomplish the first part of this by selecting "Hide the
sender of a message" but it puts from as
"listname-admin at uglyhostname.ourdomain.com" rather than from
listname at mailman.ourdomain.com  and I don't see a variable I can stick
in the "Header added to mail sent to regular list members" that would
put the from address in there.

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

--

Thanks,
--James