[Mailman-Users] Re: Editability of messages

Barry A. Warsaw barry at zope.com
Tue Apr 16 20:47:23 CEST 2002

>>>>> "tneff" ==   <tneff at bigfoot.com> writes:

    tneff> I will definitely issue an editing patch for 2.1 when it
    tneff> goes gold.  Since this is one of their "we don't think you
    tneff> should WANT to do this" hot-buttons, like controlling the
    tneff> List-* headers, I don't want to issue patches for
    tneff> prerelease versions and encourage them to do any
    tneff> counter-engineering.

(Coming in late on this thread -BAW)

I have nothing philosophically against editing message while they're
held for approval, I simply think that a decent web interface for this
is problematic, especially if you want to properly handle multiple
character sets and MIME.  I certainly wouldn't deliberately
"counter-engineer" against efforts to produce a usable interface to
such a feature, but it would have to wait until after MM2.1 to be
adopted officially.

-Barry