[Mailman-Users] Re: looping mails

Barry A. Warsaw barry at zope.com
Fri Apr 26 18:19:13 CEST 2002

    LG> FWIW - I just experienced the same symptoms running
    LG> 2.1b1. _VERY_ embarassing, especially after telling everyone
    LG> how Mailman would be so much more fun than Majordomo.

Of course 2.1b1 is still beta software.  When using 2.0.x or 2.1 you
should definitely not use the Sendmail.py delivery module, even if
you're using the sendmail MTA.

By using SMTPDirect.py with an RFC-compliant MTA you should not get
duplicates, although there is a known bug in 2.1b1 that can cause
dupes in certain situations.  This is fixed in cvs and will be part of
2.1b2.

-Barry