[Mailman-Users] Still want it faster :-)

Danny Terweij danny at terweij.nl
Fri Apr 26 23:17:42 CEST 2002

How is some processing working?

Someone send a mail to the list.
Mailserver received it.
Wrapper handled it and put the message to the qfiles dir.
So far so good here...

qrunner is running..
What does this qrunner script exacly doing with the qfiles dir?
I need to understand some things.

See my problem i described before on the list. It is now proccessing qfiles files but it is not yet good and fast enough.

I did change the default values to :

SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 1
LIST_LOCK_LIFETIME = minutes(5)
LIST_LOCK_TIMEOUT = seconds(10)
QRUNNER_LOCK_LIFETIME = minutes(10)
QRUNNER_PROCESS_LIFETIME = minutes(5)
QRUNNER_MAX_MESSAGES = 5

With the default values from mailman it processes 1 message from the qfiles dir between 20 and 45 minutes.
Now it is processing 1 message from the qfiles dir between 4 and 10 minutes.

What i want is process all the files at the qfiles dir at once till its empty. So lets say, 50 messages at the qfiles dir is processed in a few minutes, and not 1 message in 10 minutes..
There are more incomming messages then qrunner processing for out. The qfiles dir is growing and growing and growing...

I am not talking about sending messages though the MTA. It is just qrunner that us doing nothing while there are so many *.msg/*.db files are to be processed.

I hope i am now clear enough :-)

btw, there are still al lot of *.msg/*.db files more than 4 ours old.. when are these processed?

Danny Terweij