[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Dave Weiner davew at coyotetechnical.com
Sat Apr 27 00:46:53 CEST 2002

Greetings to the list!

I'm having a strange problem.  I'm in the process of moving some lists
from a Sparc Solaris 8 host to a Red Hat Linux (Intel) host.  The lists
appear to be functional, users can log in to modify their settings, and
I can log in using the site password that I set after moving the lists.
However, in tests, the list owner is unable to log in using the admin
password.  I know I can easily reset it, but I'm curious as to the
why's.... when I do bin/dump_db lists/listname/config.db on both
machines, the encrypted owners password is identical.  Is this just a
weirdness?

TIA,

Dave