[Mailman-Users] Mailman in chroot environment

Marc MERLIN marc_news at vasoftware.com
Sat Apr 27 23:57:59 CEST 2002

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 10:34:34AM +0200, CONTRAIRE M DsigTcs wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to setup mailman in a chroot environment.
> It doesn't work and I am wondering if it's possible at all.

It  is possible,  you can  run anything  in a  chroot environment. For  that
matter, you  can install  Red Hat inside  a Debian system  or the  other way
around.

It's  just  a   matter  of  copying  "enough"  things   inside  your  chroot
environment,  which  includes part  of  /dev,  /etc,  your web  server.  and
probably the incoming part of your mail software.

It is going to be a lot of work and it's probably going to provide you with
very little benefit.
Also, if you wonder how you should be doing all this, it probably means that
yoy shouldn't be doing it (unless it's purely to learn)

Marc