[Mailman-Users] Problem with arch (v2.0.13)

Christoph Wille christophw at alphasierrapapa.com
Wed Dec 18 14:12:45 CET 2002

I got errors in my logs saying that the archives could not be created -
therefore I tried to manually re-create the archives:

[root at domain bin]# python arch coffeehouse
figuring article archives
2002-December
figuring article archives
2002-December
figuring article archives
2002-December
Traceback (innermost last):
   File "arch", line 129, in ?
     main()
   File "arch", line 118, in main
     archiver.processUnixMailbox(fp, Article)
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 526, in
processUnixMailbox
     a = articleClass(m, self.sequence)
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py", line 204, in __init__
     i = result.end(0)
NameError: restlt

The information isn't exactly helpful because it doesn't tell me on which
line of the mailbox it does stop (those are German lists, so you have
umlauts etc.). Some people also get an error like this:

"|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post coffeehouse"
     (reason: 1)
     (expanded from: <coffeehouse at glengamoi.com>)

Traceback (innermost last):
   File "/home/mailman/scripts/post", line 33, in ?
     from Mailman import MailList
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 36, in ?
     from Mailman import Utils
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 33, in ?
     import cgi
   File "/usr/lib/python1.5/cgi.py", line 1083, in ?
     class FormContentDict:
   File "/usr/lib/python1.5/cgi.py", line 1096, in FormContentDict
     def __init__(self, environ=os.environ):
AttributeError: environ
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 1

MTA used is SendMail (check_perms and check_db don't report problems) -
anyone have ideas what might be causing these errors?

Chris