[Mailman-Users] Web interface saves no settings or info!

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Feb 19 23:37:35 CET 2002

Scott Spence wrote:

> But according to Ted's posting his config.db had the nobody:mailman
> permission - not the mailman:mailman permission - so when the cron is run
> the permissions will change from nobody:mailman to mailman:mailman
> (rw-rw----) right?

    My crontask runs as mailman.mailman, however the webserver runs as httpd.daemon.
Whenever something comes through over the web, config.db becomes httpd.mailman, however as
soon as the next crontask runs, everything becomes mailman.mailman again.

    All the files ought to be owned by mailman.mailman, and the sticky bit should help in
retaining the permissions even after the web server has changed.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.