[Mailman-Users] Help with INSTALL Step 4

Tim Legg mail_man at pc047113.stuorg.iastate.edu
Wed Jan 16 18:22:36 CET 2002

I toasted a power supply.  Back online now.

Over the past day I performed the following actions:

added lines into /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf
	These were based off the ones Darren suggested
%crontab -u mailman /home/mailman/cron/crontab.in
%/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl restart
%cd /home/mailman/bin
%run newlist
modified /etc/aliases accordingly
%newaliases
%postfix reload
%mv mm_cfg.py mm_cfg.py.bak
%cp Defaults.py mm_cfg.py	#saw that hostnames were correct
%/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl restart

My new list called test seemed to create without problem.  I got the
e-mail sent to me from mailman-owner confirming me of my new mailing list.
but the web addresses don't work.  What is worse is that the web documents
I had at one time are no longer displayed, but instead I get the apache
test screen.

Does anybody know what is going on?