[Mailman-Users] Question on Umbrella lists

Tenant tenant at tenant.net
Wed Jul 10 15:40:31 CEST 2002

I'm still using Mailman 2.0 beta - never bothered upgrading as it works
fine as a one-way newsletter list. Waiting for 2.1.

I understand the concept of Umbrella lists. We run several lists and the
membership across the lists runs about 10% -- meaning about 10% of one list
is also on a second list. Sometimes we wish to send the same information to
both lists, hence the idea of an umbrella list. I guess the question is
will that 10% who are members of both lists receive both messages or just
one? We're a little worried about duplication. Some people still get mad at
things like that not knowing there's such a thing as a delete key.
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
   TenantNet(tm):          http://tenant.net
   email:                  tenant at tenant.net
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.